Thursday, October 4, 2012

Magpie season

First magpie attack Wednesday morning cycling along Forest Way. It's a sign of my low opinion of Sydney drivers (of which I am one) that my initial thought was that someone had thrown something at me! No damage done though.

A chilly 75km included about 10 laps of Centennial Park and then to work. I wasn't keen to get up, but Sally played her usual supportive role and reminded me that it was going to be a warm and sunny day. I took that literally and just about froze riding without arm/leg warmers. It was NOT warm and sunny at 5am!

Another gem from Sally after swim squad on Wednesday - she picked me up from the city and even brought along my dinner to eat in the car on the way home! Otherwise it means eating at 9:30pm which is about the time I should be in bed!

Ran in this morning (22km) easy and had a massage with Tiger. He kept calling me soft as he squeezed my sore Achilles and poked me with needles. Soft or not, it set me up for another two weeks of training before I'm in need of mending again.

No comments:

Post a Comment