Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Triathlon time

My calf is still not fully recovered, so no running at the moment, but it's perfect timing with the triathlon season fast approaching. I'm spending heaps of time swimming and riding. I'll add running back into the mix in a week or so.

I swam over 11km last week and 7.5km in the first 2 days of this week. Technique is coming back, helped by swimming with Spot Anderson at The Ian Thorpe Pool. The guy is tough, but the improvements are coming, so I just have to suck it up.

Riding isn't going as well, but it'll come. The engine is good, but the legs need more strength. I rode 5 days last week, but some rides were really short so only 200km all up. This week will come in around 250km, but still think I need to top 400km a week to get into peak condition for Ironman WA.

I started a new job last week, which means more time at work, but the good news is my boss does triathlon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment