Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ironman training

Not much time for blogging - a new job and building a base for Ironman is keeping me busy!

The last couple of weeks, I've eased off the running to focus more on swimming and cycling. Judging by how quick I got earlier in the year off an aerobic running base, I figure this is a sensible approach and won't put in any quality running until 5 weeks pre ironman. I'll still run, but I'll keep it steady and long.

I've built up my cycling distance and will have ridden 380km this week. The aim is to hit 450km for 5 consecutive weeks from the week after next. I've been trying a few new things to get the km's in and riding to Centennial park and then on to work seems to work well. Nothing beats riding out the door at 4:45am and arriving at work at 7:45am having knocked out 80kms. I'll try to do this twice a week.

Swimming is also going well - I've swam over 15km each week for the last 3 week and I'm seeing the improvements. 2 sessions of stroke correction have really helped my times.

Weekly totals:
15.5km swim
380km bike
48km run

No comments:

Post a Comment