Sunday, June 17, 2012

Steps, hills & mud

24km in 2hrs (5:00/km)

A fantastic morning included an easy 24km with the Striders, a dip in the harbour and coffee on the beach in the sun.

Decent group included Tony, Andy and David Tonge (who is looking in great shape - I'm tipping him for sub 2:30 at GC). Tony, Andy and I were just doing 24km, so cut well short, but got a little lost in the bush. We thought if we took a left then a right around a closed section, we'd be able to get back on the same track further along, but somehow managed to find ourselves about 1km back along the track we'd just come. Even looking at the Garmin route, I still can't understand it. Never ever let me navigate. Its a fairly hilly route with heaps of steps (my nemesis) and I was glad to get it over and done with.


No comments:

Post a Comment