Saturday, June 16, 2012

Catching up

Tue: 16km easy (4:40/km)
Wed: 20km easy (4:50/km)
Thur: rest
Fri: City Mile Dash (4:48, 9th) + 20min AT (3:35/km)
Sat: 9km easy (4:34/km)

It's been a fairly easy week, recovering from last Sundays effort. I've been feeling good and enjoying not feeling smashed all the time.

Tuesday I ran with the Hurts squad (I really just ran at the back while they did 2 x 20mins) and a bit with Ray Wareham. Wednesday was another run to work with Andy and Tucks.

The City Mile Dash was tough though. I was really nervous (I guess because I'm not prepared for a mile race) and found it really hard on my throat and lungs. Even 24 hours later, I feel like I've got razor blades in my throat. I'm pleased with my run though, 4:48 was a decent effort and I had Tigers advice in my head about not sprinting (he reminded me Thursday the last time I really went for it, I tore my hammy). I was 17 secs slower than last year, but the Garmin clocked me at 1.64km compared to last year which was closer to 1.48km. This year we also had to contend with a tight 180 degree turn (I suspect to be able to add on the extra distance missed from last year). Tom, John and Tucks all had good runs and we smashed the team event, winning a decent trophy, Mizuno shoes and some other stuff.

This morning, Sally and I ventured out to Narrabeen Lakes. I'd put on my old and trusty trail shoes and it brought back memories of my youth running cross country. 1 lap for me whilst Sally did 3 x 2km along the board walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment