Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mixed bag

The week after Forster I felt totally flat. I'd planned for a full week of training, but in reality it ended being a forced 50% week which included 4 of 7 days total rest. I would have tried to go harder but Clyde gave me some great advice (as per usual) and I felt great going into the following week (last week).

Last week was different again. All my key numbers were up for the week; average power, speed and run pace. Average HR was down too which is a sure sign I'm rounding into good shape. Another things that down is my weight...I'm back to the weight I was when I was 15 years old! That would be a concern, but since the average power is up, I obviously haven't lost any strength.

The week totals:
15km swimming
420km riding
90km running

This week started well, but its a medium week as I taper a little for Port Macquarie 70.3 on Sunday. Yesterday I put in my biggest ever swim say, just over 6km and I was promoted into the fastest lane at squad (I started in the slowest lane only 8 weeks ago). I'm not sure I'll be invited back, but I'll nail the swim soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment